AREAS OF PRACTICE
COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS, INTERNATIONAL CONTRACTS and EXCHANGE MATTERS
- Draft and review of miscellaneous commercial contracts;
- Draft of and counseling on international contracts;
- Counseling on exchange matters, such as guidance for registration of operations, follow-up and practice in procedures before the Central Bank of Brazil, CVM (Committee of Securities) and CRSFN (National Financial System’s Council of Appeal);
CORPORATE LAW and FOREIGN INVESTMENT
- Organization and structuring of legal entities (companies, associations and others), consortia and strategic alliances;
- Counseling on draft of amendments to articles of association or incorporation, minutes, shareholders agreements, internal statutes, as well as attendance to shareholders meetings, meetings of boards, councils and other corporate bodies;
- Counseling and litigation in corporate conflicts (judicial and arbitration courts);
- Counseling to foreign clients on organization and structuring of operations in the country, entry and recordal of foreign capital;
MERGERS and ACQUISITIONS
- Counseling on and structuring of mergers and acquisitions of national and foreign companies and joint ventures;
- Operations structured through analysis and development of all of the operation’s legal structure, with inputs from professionals of different areas of legal practice.
- Performance of legal due diligences.
- Counseling on miscellaneous corporate restructurings;
- Counseling on and practice in procedures for registration and protection of trademarks, patents, copyrights, domain names and other intellectual property subjects in Brazil and abroad;
- Draft of contracts related to intellectual property, such as license and assignment agreements;
- Preventive counseling and litigation (judicial and arbitration courts) concerning intellectual property and antitrust practices;
- Counseling on and practice in environmental licensing;
- Guidance for obtainment of licenses and permits;
- Negotiation and analysis of settlement agreements with Federal, State and Municipal environmental authorities;
- Performance of environmental due diligences aiming to identify potential or actual environmental liabilities and plan the decrease or elimination of the identified contingencies, including criminal procedures;
- Draft of legal opinions for decrease and control of environmental hazards;
- Practice in environmental lawsuits.
ADMINISTRATIVE LAW and REGULATIONS
- Public Bids and Administrative Contracts: counseling for participation in bids and performance of administrative contracts, including analyses and objections concerning bid solicitations, assistance with bid qualification procedures, filing of administrative appeals, requests concerning economic balance of contracts, assistance with change of participants in consortia, appeals against penalties and lawsuits;
- Counseling: Legal counseling to public and private clients on project development and performance of administrative contracts and concessions of public services, draft of legal opinions.
- Regulations: Administrative responses and appeals for companies and public officers before Accountability Offices and Agencies, assistance with regularization of activities before government bodies and obtainment of licenses before government bodies and agencies in general.
- Litigation: Practice in civil liability lawsuits and administrative misconduct.
- Tax counseling and assistance;
- Tax administrative litigation;
- Tax judicial litigation;
- Tax planning;
- Due diligence;
- Legal opinions;
- Attendance to inspections;
- Draft of queries to public bodies;
- Special tax regimes;
- Customs law.
BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW
- Preventive counseling
- Follow-up of investigations
- Practice in economic and tax crimes; social security crimes; bankruptcy and corporate crimes; crimes against intellectual property; environmental crimes, among others.
- Interpretation of laws and contracts;
- Cases concerning agents and distributors;
- Lawsuits to review contracts and execute bills;
- Indemnification of damages;
- Banking law;
- Real Estate Law;
- Consumer relations and faulty product accidents – practice before small claims courts, PROCON (Consumer Protection Office), Public Prosecutor´s Office and other governmental bodies and agencies;
- Possession, property or joint tenancy of goods and rights of any kind;
- All stages of reorganization and bankruptcy procedures.
- Judicial and extrajudicial negotiation in civil, commercial, real estate and corporate matters.
Preventive counseling on labor law:
- Assistance with investigation of occupational accidents, indicating precautions and risks for potential claims concerning labor, social security and criminal laws;
- Investigation of contingencies, hazards and hidden liabilities related to labor law in legal due diligences for mergers, acquisitions or partnerships;
- Restructuring and reduction of employees in mergers, acquisitions, extinction of branches or dissolution;
- Guidance for secondment agreements and contracts with independent suppliers and agents;
- Legal review of salary and benefit structures;
- Incentive programs (bonuses, rewards, stock options and profit sharing);
- Assistance with international hires and transfers, including visas and immigration;
- Assistance with employees and officers hires and layoffs;
- Review of internal policies;
- Collective bargaining with unions;
- Assistance with human resources management;
- Labor law litigation:
- Practice in preparatory procedures and investigations held by the Labor Public Prosecutor´s Office (MPT);
- Practice in administrative procedures before the Regional Labor and Employment Office (SRTE);
- Practice in labor claims and class actions;
- Practice in labor lawsuits prosecuted by the MPT;
- Judicial and extrajudicial practice for solution of strikes.
- Specialized practice before State, Federal and superior courts;
- Draft of appeals.
- Draft of trial memoranda;
- Trial oral arguments;
- Urgent remedies before higher courts.